Software architect and team builder
I'm a creative technologist who, given sufficient C8H10N4O2 and/or Mexican food, efficiently crafts software that is a joy to use and to maintain.
I approach software production with equal doses of empathy and strategy. Empathy helps me to best align contributors, stakeholders and end-users; strategy helps me to promote sustainability and to address compounding costs and benefits. More than a decade of experience leading and contributing to projects across a variety of sectors and organizational types, has instilled in me a deep appreciation for diversity, curiosity, humility, and courage. Specific things I like include C#, the web platform, and XP practices.
- March 2018 · Co-founding and engineering Reasi, a blockchain platform that seeks to reduce severe structural inefficiencies in the real estate sector.
- 2016 · Became an instructor of full-stack .NET and Node.js both at Antioch University, Los Angeles, and at Sabio, a Los Angeles coding boot camp having a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- 2014 · Joined Stack Overflow's engineering team, working to overhaul the ecommerce UI, seeking to improve processes, and volunteering for inclusive community programs run jointly with the Flatiron School and Girl Develop It NYC.
- 2012 · Created Blocvox.com, a community opinion platform that aims to strengthen communities by making personal involvement easy, effective and fun.
- 2003 - 2011 · Full-stack development and site reliability with large and small organizations in education, finance, ecommerce, and social media.
- 1987 - 2003 · Hobbyist and academic (UCLA) hacking with MS-DOS, HP 48-series graphing calculators (using Reverse Polish Lisp dialect), FreeBSD/Linux, Pascal, and C.